This area of law involves a breach of a landlord or owner’s duty to its tenants and/or visitors to provide safe premises. This extends to cases involving defective sidewalks and interior stairs, deficient lighting, the failure to clean up spills and debris, or the failure to properly remove snow and ice. Our lawyers are currently litigating cases where a pedestrian was caused to trip and fall on an exterior carpet in front of a hotel, which was not properly affixed to the sidewalk area; a tenant was caused to trip and fall due to a cracked interior step and a broken handrail, and a visitor to an apartment building was caused to slip and fall on a freshly mopped floor without any warnings as to its condition.
Our NYC personal injury lawyers have successfully obtained monetary compensation for a victim’s physical and psychological injuries sustained as a result of premises negligence.
- Confidential settlement for 11 year old brutally stabbed by an assailant in a NYCHA elevator resulting from lack of building security
- $400,000 for pedestrian caused to trip on depressed sidewalk grating as a result of constant truck traffic in commercial parking lot
- $350,000 for pedestrian caused to trip on cracked sidewalk
- $300,000 for pedestrian caused to trip and fall on metal roadway plates improperly placed during the course of construction
- $250,000 for ambulance worker’s slip and fall on ice
- $235,000 for tenant caused to slip and fall on freshly mopped floor
- $200,000 for pedestrian caused to trip on moving company debris left on sidewalk in front of building
- $155,000 for malfunctioning store escalator resulting in shopper’s fractured ankle
- $150,000 for tenant on scooter caught in pothole in building courtyard
- $137,500 settlement for pedestrian caused to trip and fall on defective sidewalk in front of store